GapSummit and the ‘Voices of Tomorrow’ Competition
GapSummit is the global and inter-generational leadership summit in biotechnology and the flagship event of Global Biotech Revolution (GBR). GapSummit 2016 will be next held from 4th to 6th April 2016 at the University of Cambridge UK, one of the leading biotech clusters of the world.
The founder of DNAdigest Fiona Nielsen is an alumni of the GapSummit and participant of the Voices of Tomorrow competition. She highly recommends all young students and researchers of today to participate in the GapSummit to discuss the challenges facing the world in terms of healthcare, agriculture and biotech, and through this involvement become the Voices of Tomorrow.
Seven Reasons to Apply:
1. Be an ambassador for your country with 100 other Leaders of Tomorrow (students, researchers, early-stage professionals and entrepreneurs) from around the world.
2. Meet international Leaders of Today, including biotech CEOs, venture capitalists, policy makers and research pioneers. Confirmed speakers include:
· Dr. Peder Holk Nielsen, CEO of Novozymes
· Prof. Sir John Walker, Nobel Prize Winner
· Dr. Jeremy Levin, CEO of Ovid Therapeutics & former CEO of Teva
· Dr. Sophie Kornowski-Bonnet, Head of Roche Partnering
· Fiona Cicconi, Executive VP Human Resources, AstraZeneca
· Dr. Jim Smith, Deputy CEO of Medical Research Council & Director of Research, Francis Crick Institute
3. Network with potential employers and discover career opportunities with the most influential companies and academic institutes, such as Roche Group, AstraZeneca, MedImmune, McKinsey, Merck Group, Potter Clarkson and PHG Foundation.
4. Identify long term career plans in line with the future trends and opportunities highlighted at the summit.
5. Gain an awareness of the “bigger picture”. Discuss the current global bioeconomy and the grand challenges to be solved by 2050.
6. Conceptualise and develop ideas to impact society now. Compete in the Voices of Tomorrow business plan competition and win seed funding and additional mentoring opportunities.
7. Meet talented peers, dine and enjoy the surroundings of one of the finest universities in the world!
GBR will cover accommodation and most meals during GapSummit 2016 for all successful applicants. Limited travel awards will be available on a competitive basis. For more information, visit the GapSummit website.