At DNA Digest we’re passionate about ethical and efficient data sharing for genetics, because better access to data for research will translate into faster diagnostics and cures for diseases. One of our goals is to openly promote best practices for sharing genetic data. As such we’re inviting you to enter into our Data Sharing competitions.
Our first is the Tweet for Data Sharing Competition, and we will be following this soon with a writing competition so watch this space.
DNA Digest Tweet for Data Sharing – Open for entries 10th – 23rd of February 2014
140 characters for the chance to win £50 of Amazon vouchers, the competition is open internationally from the 10th to the 23rd of February 2014. To enter tweet @DNADigest your #tools, #database or #challenges for sharing genetic data!
You can tweet as many times as you like however we will only consider your latest tweet for each topic as your entries. We will announce the winner through twitter so please remember to follow us @DNADigest
Some example competition entries to get you thinking:
On the 24th of February, the team will pick the best tweet and contact the user directly, so please do follow us to receive your good news & good luck!
Full terms & conditions can be found below:
The DNA Digest Sharing Competitions Rules/Terms & Conditions:
Entry into the competition:
1. The DNA Digest Sharing competitions (the “Competition”,”twitter competition”) is open to everyone around the world. To enter the Competition, you must write a tweet about tools, databases or challenges in sharing genetic data.
2. You should tweet your submission @ us with your #topic your entry must be contained inside one tweet. You must state which of the categories you are entering in inside the tweet.
3. If you have any questions about how to enter or otherwise in connection with the Competition, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with “tweet competition” in the subject line.
4. Submissions can be multiple however only the latest tweet from the entrant will be considered.
5. The competition opens on Monday the 10th of February 2014 and closes at 23:59 on Sunday, 23rd of February 2014. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered. We reserve the right to extend the closing date for a reasonable period of time where an insufficient number of the entries received have satisfied the entry and judging criteria.
6. By submitting an entry to the Competition, you give DNA Digest:
a. Permission for your Submission to be published on DNA Digest websites and on any social media account controlled by DNA Digest (including but not limited to Facebook and Twitter accounts) and you grant DNA Digest a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence to use and publish your Submission in electronic format and hard copy.
b. The right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner or honorable mentions of the Competition.
7. Your Submission must be your own work, must not be copied however we appreciate there maybe very similar entries.
8. Entrants into the Competition shall be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
9. We may disqualify your Competition entry for the following reasons: your entry does not comply with these Terms and Conditions; you are not eligible to enter the Competition; or you cannot be contacted. In the event of disqualification(s), we may select winner(s) in accordance with the selection processes outlined below.
Choosing the winners:
1. The Competition is not open to employees or agencies of DNA Digest its group companies or their family members or anyone else connected with the planning or judging of the Competition.
2. The Competition will be judged by DNA digest’s in-house team. The judges will choose one winning entry for the Competition, and a number of honorable mentions. Details of the prize is listed below.
3. When choosing the winner, the judges will be looking for the best written, most current and succinct tweet.
4. The judges’ decision of who the winner is will be made on 24th of February 2014. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
1. The winning prize for the competition is one £50 Amazon Voucher, there will be no cash alternative.
2. We will contact the winner through twitter, failing this may result in another winner being chosen so please do follow us to receive contact.
3. We reserve the right to use your name and country of residence for the sole purpose of identifying you as a winner or honorable mentions of the Competition.